We know that the divorce can be stressful right. But if you have adequate amount of knowledge regarding the divorce, you can easily get it done. So are you the one considering to file a divorce? Do not want to continue this marriage anymore? Not sure where to go and how to learn about the divorce, how to file it easily, how to get it without spending a good fortune on it, then you have reached the right place for your answers. Click Here for Help right now and get all your queries answered about divorce law in Oklahoma. Here on this link you can find the easy divorce law help in this state and learn how to apply for the divorce.
For your ease, we are highlighting the major steps in the divorce filing process, in the hope that it will help you learn more about it and you would feel relaxed for the whole process.
- In the first step, the person who is filing the divorce is expected to submit a copy of completed documents of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage to a district county clerk. Remember that either you, or your spouse have to be the resident of this county for at least 30 days to apply for the job. You would be required to submit a copy of several other documents and you can find the list of these documents attached to the petition.
- Next you have to inform your spouse legally about the divorce and for it, you will have to send him the documents of the divorce from the court or some service. At this stage you will also have to select which type of divorce you are going to file for, default, uncontested or contested.
- You and your spouse will have to sit together or communicate to decide on the assets, debts and child custody matters. If you both are agreed to each other easily, you could go for the low cost option of the uncontested divorce. Else you will have to pay for the contested divorce.
- On the next step you will decide whether you want to represent your divorce all by yourself or you want to hire an attorney for the purpose. The hiring of the attorney is of course an expensive process in which attorney would be present at with you and your spouse all the time so that he could help you with the completion and agreement of the matters.
- In the next step, you and your spouse will talk about the other matters such as the distribution on money, assets and debts. Also the custody of the children will be discussed and the responsibilities would be divided. Further the spouse support matters would also be discussed and the negotiation will carry on until everything is decided well.
- On the last step, the divorce would be finalized where you and your spouse will have to attend and hearing or a trail and the judge would make a decision.